An indemnity policy tailored to your needs
Considering the complexity of the legal indemnity market, a one-size-fits-all solution is not practical. That is why we tailor our solutions: we recognise that your cover needs are unique to your company's interests, exposures, sector, and situation. During your initial consultation, we'll work with you to identify your cover requirements.
Why choose us for legal indemnity insurance?
- Our tailor-made policies are designed specifically for the office, renewable energy, property, financial, and legal sectors.
- Our underwriters are happy to consider a variety of site-specific cover to suit your needs
- You can choose from a broad variety of cover types, many of which are available pre and post-planning
- We offer an estate distribution suite with unique products such as cover for missing beneficiaries, missing wills, and unknown dependents.
What does the cover do?
Legal indemnity is a single premium insurance to protect buyers, mortgage lenders, and future property owners from legal disputes concerning the ownership, occupation, and use of land and buildings.
Our policies cover the owners of a property and their mortgage lenders for the legal costs of:
- Enforcement action
- Alternative solutions or reduction in market value if the defence is unsuccessful.
Bespoke commercial and development covers can include:
- Abortive costs
- Delay costs
- Loss of business or rental income
- Site restoration costs.
GCS Legal Indemnities Lead
Martin leads a team of eleven underwriters with 100 combined years' experience in the Legal Indemnities market. The team regularly writes policies with limits up to £150m and can consider cover in the UK and Poland.